Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Saturday 9 April 2011

Readers' question: How do i save money?

How to Save Money when Times are ToughA reader emailed me, asking "how do i save money?".Another one asks my opinion on Francisco Colayco's suggestion (in his book, Pera mo, Palaguin mo) of using envelopes.

With this post, I hope to answer these questions in the simplest, and most effective way i can. In fact, i will only use 3 words: Just do it!

I'm sorry if you were expecting a magic formula. But folks, really, ask yourself, how else do you expect yourself to save? In my opinion, there is no formula. Just willpower.

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever NeedBy all means you can, save every excess centavo. These add up. It's developing the habit that's more important. Once you've developed the habit, and have made this automatic and lasting, I promise you, you will very soon be taking the next big leap which is "growing your money" thru investments.


I can relate to you, ordinary Juan Dela Cruzes. I've been there. I am living proof that this is possible. Discipline, willpower and a bias for action. These are key.

Hesitant still? Also read (click links) relevant topics about:

a) Why create wealth?
b) Why save?
c) Money-saving tips
d) Investing 101
e) What to do with money saved

2 comments:

  1. That is a great question. My experience in savings is, if you just want to save money, you cannot save money. I instead focus on spending. If I have money I should spend it, that is my rule, but I should spend it on just my needs and very small on my wants, and try to buy as many assets that I can. This increases the velocity of money, means in and out of money on our pocket.


    Albert

    http://easypersonalfinanceeducation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Saving for savings will not make Pinoys rich. Investing is key.

    TY, Albert.

    ReplyDelete