Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Money saving tip

I'm going straight to the point - saving is a skill. It takes 3 things: discipline, discipline and discipline.

But let me ask you first. Why do you save? Why not just spend? Which is harder to do, saving or spending?

The rich have a different mindset on wealth creation - It's not how much money you make, but how much is left after paying all the bills. Think about it. No matter how big your salary is, what matters more is how much are you able to save before it runs out. And, what are you going to do with the excess, if any.

Let me share with you my story:

Believe it or not, but if i choose to, i can go to my  (daytime) work, and back home without spending a single penny. Of course proximity is a huge consideration, but that's besides the point i'm trying to focus on. You see, i believe i have already mustered the art of discipline. It's all about planning and execution and willpower. I consciously practice this "zero" expense ritual every now and then. And everytime i succeed, i pat myself on the back. For not only do i save in the process, but i also prove to myself that i can choose to NOT be a slave of money. I can survive the day without being tied up to my expenses or budget.

Oh, my secret? The ever-reliable lunch box. 

Simple living is the name of the game. What i save, i can invest anew. So, don't i have a sweet, sweet life? Then, from my work-at-home job at night, i make money some more and therefore save some more.

We Ilocanos are something, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment