Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Monday 23 May 2011

Money saving tips from a housewife

I wanted to know how other Filipinos in this time and age look at money matters, so i put up some sort of an experiment: I asked around.









Here's what a 30-something wife and mother of 2 has to say. Her name is Brenda, and is a dear friend of mine.

Enjoy!

HOW TO SAVE MONEY WISELY:


As housewife , it is important for me to be able to manage money wisely it ensures a healthier financial future, less financial stress and having enough to take care of emergencies, and less worries as well. Here are the things that I always done to save:
Save on electricity
I make it a point that I always turn off and unplug electrical items when not in use. When we go out I checked that I turn off all electrical devices and updating old appliances to save energy and avoid wastage.
Shop at discount sources
I can save money by shopping at discount sources and before buying an item I compare it with different stores in order to save money.
Cook more
A lot of families spend a lot of money on eating out.  For me, it is usually cheaper to eat home-cooked meals.  I always cook more so that I can often save money.  You will often have leftovers that can be used for lunches.
Do not overbuy
It is important for me not to overbuy, every item should be carefully considered.
Making a budget also is a good way for me to figure out my finances and the ways in which I can save money.

There may be occasions when you spend more than you should, but what matters is that you have the tools in place to help you get back in control of your finances. Saving money does not only help you afford a better financial future, but it is crucial that you have money set aside to use in case of emergencies. When saving is your goal and you work hard to achieve it, you will see yourself managing money better.

2 comments:

  1. Being a mom is really a difficult but rewarding job. Budgeting is one of our biggest task and money-saving tips like those mentioned are really helpful. I also recommend using the envelope method in saving so that certain amount of money is already allotted for a particular expense instead of spending it in some other things you can't track of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed the way we think directly impacts what decisions we make and the actions that we take. If you want to become wealthy, then you are going to have to think and act like the wealthy do.

    ReplyDelete