Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Sunday 1 May 2011

The best mutual fund products in the Philippines


I am sharing this so people will know options.This is a series of posts. I intend to feature the best mutual fund products in the Philippines. For today, it is going to be Sunlife of Canada's Money Market Fund.

I love this product of Sunlife of Canada. Click here

Sunlife of Canada's Money Market Fund - One of the most conservative mutual funds
you can buy.

As per Sunlife:

Money market funds are designed to provide current income at competitive yields with minimal risk to your principal investment. Compared to other existing mutual funds, money market funds are at the top of the heap when it comes to low risk.

Money market funds are comparatively low risk mainly because of the securities in their portfolio. These types of funds only invest in securities that are “short-term,” meaning those with a term of one year or less. As a general rule, short-term securities are less riskier than longer-tenor securities.




Compared to other mutual funds at this time therefore, it is one of the most conservative mutual funds in the country, perfect for somebody who wants to “try out” investing in mutual funds.

There are no fees to pay upon investing. This means that your Php 10,000 initial placement is invested wholly into the fund, thereby maximizing its earning potential. Subsequent investments can also be made for as low as Php 5,000.

It is also tax-free. Unlike bank products that provide tax breaks on your interest earnings only when you stay with them until your money “matures”, your mutual fund proceeds are not subject to the usual 20% withholding tax.

So if you're in your early stages of investing. I recommend this.

In my next posts, I will feature the other products available in the market for Filipinos to try out.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. It's great for you to write about this. I think it's about time Filipinos availed of these financial products. Keep up the good work!

    I wrote about my own experience too. Just wanted to share it with those who are still searching: http://pinaymomadventures.blogspot.com/2011/05/3-things-you-really-should-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete