Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

What you need to know about funeral processions and creating wealth



On an ordinary traffic-jammed day, this is a common remark you'd hear inside buses or jeepneys in the Philippines: "Bakit traffic? Ay sus! may libing!"

I'm betting i am the only person in the Philippines from whom you would hear this plea:

"Can somebody tell the authorities that we hate being stuck in traffic jams because of slow-moving funeral processions? It's the 21st century already, for goodness sake! Why do we still walk from the house to the cemetery? Why the procession? Why the horse-drawn carriages? Why the slow-moving jeepneys behind the marching people? SERIOUSLY. WHY?"  




I'm also betting that there's drama involved here. Filipinos love drama. And what better way to showcase drama than a slow march to the grave?

I mean no disrespect, really. In fact i believe that the dead should be treated with utmost respect. I hate it when everybody stuck in traffic gets to "disrespect" the dead by "complaining" about it (the march which causes heavy traffic) silently.

2 lessons here:

One, the times have changed. It's time we face it. A funeral march causes traffic to slow down. We do not have wide highways and streets in the Philippines.

Two, start VALUING time. Other people behind you - those caught in the traffic jam - have places to go, stuff to do, businesses to deal with. Give them a favor by NOT wasting their time.

If we start valuing each other's time, then we can all create wealth.

Stop the drama, please. It's time.

Unless you're a VIP, like the late Cory and Ninoy. Only then do you deseve the hype and drama.

Oh well, this is just my opinion.

PS
Please don't hate me. I'm just saying out loud what other people won't - or can't.
Or maybe i'm just up for it. So go ahead, hate me. I may very much deserve it too.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment