Message from the author:

Hi! I have made it my life's mision to introduce personal finance management and wealth creation to ALL ordinary Filipinos. Please join my cause by sharing this site to all Pinoys you know.

I believe that INFORMATION IS KEY. Read my articles below and be informed. Help me start building dreams today. Spread the word. One day at a time, one Filipino soul at a time.

Readers may also donate to this cause. Funds will be used to further fuel this campaign. Click the button below.



Thank you for your kind hearts.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Mutual funds and UITFs, defined


Remember how I said that one key to creating wealth is thru investing your hard-earned cash in instruments which will give you returns higher than the inflation rate? Here are 2 of those instruments.



Mutual funds and UITFs  

Both are pooled funds.”Bakas system”.  Both offer higher returns compared to banks but also are not risk free. Both are measured in terms of the net asset value per unit (NAVPu) or share (NAVPS).

A unit investment trust fund
or UITF is a banking product that replaced common trust funds (CTFs). It is managed by the offering bank’s treasury department or group.

A mutual fund, on the other hand, is offered by an investment company and managed independently by an appointed fund manager, which may or may not be related to the investment company.

In my next posts, I shall show you HOW to start investing, step by step.

Good luck, readers

2 comments: